Construction Tool Maintenance Technician
Systematic Mill Installations Ltd. is currently hiring a part-time tool technician to join our dynamic team. Over the last 30 years, Systematic Mill Installations Ltd. has completed several successful projects in the mining and forestry industries throughout Western Canada. We hold a Certification of Recognition (COR) for our Health & Safety program and take the health and safety of our employees very seriously.
The successful candidate will require a comprehensive grasp of construction hand and power tools, heavy rigging devices, arc welding equipment and oxy-acetylene cutting equipment in order to attend to the daily operation of our construction tools, equipment storage and maintenance facilities. This hands-on position involves the unloading and loading, testing and maintenance of construction related tools. As well, the candidate will organize, store, troubleshoot and procure equipment as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and manage the shipping and receiving of tools between the shop and various construction project sites
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot and repair/replace tools as required
- Manage tool inventory and recommend upgrades, additions and deletions of stock
- Understand equipment maintenance and tool safety requirements and adhere to the recommended service schedules
- Identify, label and ID all tools for storage and tool security purposes
- Apply all safety, manufacturer’s recommendations and environmental codes (Worksafe, OH&S, equipment specific, etc.) to the repair and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Interaction with third party equipment vendors and suppliers for repair and maintenance purposes
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and consumables inventory
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- General mechanical and electrical abilities to apply to the maintenance and repairs of tools
- Electrical troubleshooting and problem solving for the repair and maintenance of power tools and welding equipment
- Effective verbal, written and listening skills.
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with team members.
- Comfortable with computer systems and software will be an asset. (e-mail and some Microsoft Office Suite products)
- Ability to operate a forklift (certification will be offered )
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship vendors and third parties
- Organizational skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple activities
- Some physical lifting and carrying of heavy loads
- Secondary carpentry and welding skills would also be beneficial to complement the candidate's ability to complete small in-shop fabrication projects
Education and Experience:
- Trades or technician certificate
- Previous experience in an industrial trades or maintenance shop environment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Familiar with personal protective equipment and related support systems
Please reply to this add on our Contacts page or by sending an email directly to email@example.com